This nilayam was founded by Ms Amerthambar under the guidance of Thiru. Tharumalingam. It was officially registered on 17th August 2003. It is currently based on the first floor of a shop lot. i.e No 163A Jalan Mutiara Indah 1 , Taman Mutiara Indah 08000 Sungai Petani. Intially known as Apurperumjothi Nilayam, in Sept 2009 the name was changed to Arutperumjothi Arulnilayam and its now an officially registered soceity in Malaysia.
1. Weekly meeting on every Friday evenings beginning at 7pm. This session includes:
7-8pm Singing of Thiru Arutpa songs by the member of the nilayam as well as about 30 children from the surrounding residential areas. (Transportation is provided to ferry the children to the centre).
8-8.30 pm: Lectures about principals of Vallalars teachings.
8.30-8.45 pm: Jothi Prayer
8.45-9.30 pm : Jeeva Karunium: Food is provided for all participants.
9-11pm: Satsangam. This session is where the adult members of the nilayam have a discussion session on various topics about the sanmargam and also regarding the running of the nilayam.
2. Thiru Arutpa classes by our adviser Thiru. Tharumalingam . These sessions are held once in 3 months.
3. Reading of Agaval: These 2 hours sessions are held on every pusam of the month.
4. Anna thanam: On a yearly basis this centre offers food to the devotees on Thaipusam day. This is part of the principal of Jeva karunium preached by Vallalar.
5. Padasalai: Every Friday form 9-11am special classes are held for children. Teachings include- Thirukural, Tamil and moral.